@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 07:39:37 PST 2013

> On 1/24/13 8:41 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> [snip]
>> Waiting for the shitstorm . . .
>
> Nothing like that at least from me but I can plainly say this proposal
> has merit but will never get implemented.
>
> Andrei

Wait, so Walter would be willing to ice @property, but deprecating it in
favor of this meritorious proposal will never happen?

I, for one, would love to see good ideas go into the language that I
like to use.  I'd be willing to s/@property/@getter|@setter/ all of my
code for this.

I wonder how hard it would be to write a tool that does the conversion
and gets the disambiguation right in 90% of the cases...