Incorporating D

Szymon noemail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:45:21 PST 2013

Hi,

I would really like to start using D in our small company as a
C++ replacement. With that in mind I do have few questions:

1) Is D2 really ready for production code? I often hear ppl
complaining about compiler bugs or regressions causing them to
drop D "for now". Is it true that D has GC problems?

2) Is there a way to start adding D code to a C++ projects? For
example build a dll in D that is loaded by C++ host app? I guess
that is not possible because of GC not being there?

3) Is it possible to use D on iOS?

We will for sure switch to D eventually. Question is, when can we
start the transition so it would not fire back on us.