@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:57:12 PST 2013

On Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 08:29:40 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Automated tooling is admitting a defeat if we talk about
> expressive languages. Java was designed with automatic code
> manipulation in mind and even with todays proliferation of
> generators it's a pain to work with.
>
> TL;DR code is written once and read many times.

Using tooling is admitting defeat ? That is very misplaced pride
(and not even an argument).

And if you think that verbose code is less readable, think twice,
or follow both links :
http://code.jquery.com/jquery.js
http://code.jquery.com/jquery.min.js

No doubt the less verbose one is more readable !