auto ref - again

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 26 03:03:32 PST 2013

In relation to this post:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ssiulznvtkmfkimmatpk@forum.dlang.org?page=5#post-knnghuzbzqddaqcjtvch:40forum.dlang.org
I hereby open up again the discussion about auto ref.
There are only some questions: Will auto ref be implemented in
the near future or not? If not, with which version it will
probably come?
Or is auto ref forgotten and we have to discuss about the need
and the syntax again?
There is still a pull from Kenji (#1019) which is waiting for
completion and merging (thanks for that, Kenji).
But it seems that this whole topic isn't that important (or am I
wrong?), but the need for such feature is still there,
exceedingly since with dmd 2.061 structs aren't lvalues anymore.
We need const& for D. Without that, massive struct usage is very
unhandy.
I hope for an official statement from Walter and/or Andrei. Let
the games begin.

And in advance: I'm from Germany, so English is not my native
language. So forgive my bad English.