@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Jan 26 06:54:54 PST 2013

On 2013-01-26 08:52, Mehrdad wrote:

> Again, I didn't say they're "necessarily" true either, hence why I
> mentioned Linux and Windows specifically.
> OS X is really the odd one out here, not Windows or Linux.

They can be implemented as a function call on (at least) Linux as well.
It's depends on which model is used. Which model is used then depends on
various things like who the compiler is able to optimize and dynamic
libraries are involved or not.

Mac OS X chose the easiest way out and implemented only one mode. A
model that works in all cases, and that is a function call.

--
/Jacob Carlborg