D for scientific computing

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 11:47:43 PST 2013

I use DMD and GDC. DMD for debug builds and (since it is the
reference compiler) to ensure language conformance. GDC for
performance tests and release.
In other terms, I don't expect the W3 reference browser to be
the fastest, but to set the required standard for HTML
interpretation.
If you asked me, I'd keep all smart compiler optimizations
out of DMD for sake of stability, compilation speed and
maintenance effort.
Some of what GCC does is amazing, but probably requires heaps
of difficult to read code. (I once saw it SSE optimize my code
where I was using a 4-byte struct with 3 used bytes that I did
computations on in a loop.)

--
Marco