auto ref - again

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jan 27 06:09:17 PST 2013

On 1/27/13 8:05 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> It seems here that captures provide you a new copy every time. why not
> after all ? What is the problem here ?

The property, which is intended to behave as a field as much as
possible, in this case continues to look like a field but doesn't act
like one. That means that switching transparently between a field and a
property (the holy grail of good properties) will silently break code.

> BTW, unless you create a temporary storage, you can't call any method on
> a struct. This is why in the first place struct literal MUST have a
> storage (so it make sense to bind them to ref).

I don't have your definition of "storage".

Andrei