@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 06:11:12 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 13:42:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> If we require clever IDE to distinguish visually something as
> basic as data semantics and callable semantics it is an
> indicator language design is screwed.

Why is it an indicator of that?

> I may use an IDE help when I need to learn architecture level
> connections in new project, but at scope level semantics for
> reader should be perfectly clear and unambiguous even if opened
> in notepad.

Notepad opens text files. There is nothing that says that the
source files of X programming language must be text files. It's
just a convention, not a law or a real limitation in designing
languages. Therefore you can't assume that an X source file can
be opened and read with notepad. Someone might design a language
that wouldn't rely on those symbols that just happen to be found
on keyboards, but instead, relied more on text formatting and
colors.