@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 06:41:01 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 14:26:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The same goes about C#, which was designed from day 1 assuming
> resources are available for dedicated tooling support. It would
> have evolved differently otherwise, and I assume many people
> would have a dimmer view of either Java or C# if they had to
> use it with vim and emacs.

That is kind of my point : such language is made for tooling.
With the 2 side of the medal : tooling is great, because language
have been made with tooling in mind, but coding without tooling
is not the best experience.

Not that tremendous efforts are put now to introduce tooling in
C++, and results are not as good as they are in Java/C#, simply
because C++ is tooling hostile.

I know resource are a factor. But clearly not the only one. Doing
some tooling on Java is braindead simple, the compiler provide
everything you need to reuse it/parts of it.