Nitpick on forum interface: searches bring up wrong post in unthreaded view.

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 12:25:28 PST 2013

I just searched for something in the property discussion.  I wanted to
link a friend to one of deadalnix's posts, so I put "I'm so happy to
read this !!!!" into the search box and punched it.

What it brought up was one of David Nadlinger's posts.  I want to say
nothing bad about David Nadlinger's fine post; it just wasn't what I was
searching for.  Now, deadalnix's post was on the page, so it wasn't a
complete miss, but I expected it to be the first one and it wasn't.  If
I sent that link to my friend then he would probably read the wrong part.

There's more frustration in this though: partially because the result
was unthreaded.  It's unthreaded, so I can't just click on the post I
/actually/ want and get a new URL in my browser that I can copy-pasta.
When I click on "View this thread in threaded view mode" it DOES NOT go
to deadalnix's post as my search initially intended: it still selects
David's post.  Now I have to scan through all of the 7625342 subtopics
in the property discussion /by hand/ and find the one I'm interested in.
  I eventually found it and sent the link.  Very time consuming.
Thankfully it is fast.

Please fix?

I'm sorry if this is already a known bug or something.  I don't actually
remember what the forum front-end is called or where I would go to
properly find/add issues about it.