Trust about D programming.

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin at op.pl
Sun Jan 27 12:49:46 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 15:01:51 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 08:52:08 UTC, Freddie Chopin
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 07:36:50 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
>>> If you really are serious with this ucontroller, you want to
>>> spend a few hundreds dollars and go with the Keil or Atollic
>>> toolchains, which bring IDE, debugger, desassembly, network
>>> analyzer, etc.
>>
>> 1. Atollic is just Eclipse + GCC + GDB + some proprietary
>> plugins.
>> 2. Keil does not cost "a few" hundred dollars, unless by "a
>> few" you mean "30" or something like that.
>> 3. All the features you list are also present in open-source
>> and free solutions.
>>
>> 4\/3!!
>
> 1. it's a bit more than that.

Whatever suits your needs - for me it's not much more than what I
listed (; Most of that I can get for free.

> 2. a friend of mine bought the Keil development board. It's
> awesome, and it includes the toolchain. That one costs around
> 300 euros.

Ask him what the restrictions are, as I just don't see a 3000€
toolchain being included with a 300€ board... And - believe me -
Keil DOES cost 3000€ (~4000$) - per year... In case it's just the
regular demo version, you can download it from network.

http://pl.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=keil&Ns=Pricing%7c1&FS=True

standard one year license -
http://pl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keil-Tools/MDK-PRO-T/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvjj1qeIvr2hhBSab3Xr1Fj

4\/3!!