Request for comments: std.d.lexer

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Jan 27 19:28:10 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 00:51:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/27/2013 4:48 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 23:49:11 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Use an OutputRange for that.
>>
>> What about that delegate-based design? I thought everyone
>> agreed that it was nice?
>
> An OutputRange is a way of doing that. The advantage of
> OutputRange's is that is TheWayToDoThings in Phobos so that
> components can all interoperate and plug into each other.

I was talking about the design you proposed yourself here:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/jvp9ke$2m45$1@digitalmars.com

Oh, and you really don't need to give me the basic Phobos/ranges
sales pitch, I think I'm quite aware of their advantages. I'm
just not sure that e.g. having an "exception thrower" output
range would be a wise design decision.

David