@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 00:14:44 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 23:34:59 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> In order to do that, it is necessary aware of the precise
> definitions, or at least specifications, of referenced
> declarations in any case. So by your definition, the current
> function call syntax is "unambiguous".

Sure, it is for compiler. And it for me if I check the definition
of symbol. But without going to some other source file and
looking up definition there is no way to guess if this:
-----
auto ret = something.anything;
-----
..actually does anything else but reassigning a field to a
variable. In my personal experience time lost to check such stuff
out is much more than time saved by fast and convenient
parens-less coding. Thus the attitude.