Property discussion wrap-up

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:27:04 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:23:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> As far as I understand this presupposes (a) a fluid style of
> programming is associated exclusively with scripting languages,
> (b) scripting languages have mutually exclusive benefits with
> systems languages. I disagree on both counts, and large parts
> of D's design disagree as well.
>
> Andrei

Tiny bit wrong - they are not exactly mutually exclusive. But
when support for fluid style comes in conflict with reasoning
about the code, scripting languages and system ones should make
different choices. Those conflicts does not happen that often
though and D is very proof of it, no doubt.