Property discussion wrap-up

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:40:59 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:37:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> If we talk about _reasoning_, then properties have already
> broken that because a.b may be a function invocation. Probably
> it's about something weaker.
>
> Andrei

No, it has been stated few times already (actually I have just
given answer to the same question to Adam) - properties should be
reasoned AS IF they are fields/variables, by design. They are
abstraction/encapsulation tools and their implementation details
should not matter to the reader. You see property - you assume it
is as field, because it looks like one.

That is why having .length of array as a property that
reallocates is so horrible.