Property discussion wrap-up

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:04:56 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:49:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> But this gets back to faith-based programming. I associate
> "reasoning" with much more rigorous processes.

It is not faith, it is the abstraction that is presented to you.
Presenting abstraction is one of the most important task when
doing programming. As I explained already, the compiler does teh
exact same thing when implementing TLS.

>> That is why having .length of array as a property that
>> reallocates is so
>> horrible.
>
> Well it's worked hasn't it.

You can't really argue that phobos is crowded with @property for
no benefice when you see that.

Everything has been made a property even when it doesn't make any
sense.