Incorporating D

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Jan 28 07:11:07 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 12:04:42 UTC, Szymon wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 21:30:22 UTC, mist wrote:
>> On Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 20:54:30 UTC, FG wrote:
>>> On 2013-01-26 20:55, SomeDude wrote:
> We actually are video game company ;) That is why D seems like
> perfect choice for future language. Native code + superb
> programmer productivity + fast compile times. If D was bit more
> mature decision would be dead simple.

Well, let's hope it becomes mature enough. My impression is that
it needs to clean up itself a bit, to remove several ambiguities
(that @property discussion...) that lasted far too long to bring
any good, and to work heavily on tools: the compiler.

Otherwise, I think it is OK to start with it. Custom
runtimes/libraries could provide GC-free implementation where
needed (BSPs, games).

Not wanting to sadden anyone, but the main effort in tools should
be, my feeling, directed at gdc/gcc. It will help a lot to having
D a good-quality "gcc-standard" language.

Then, Eclipse/DDT with debugging and what else it is missing.

Then... happy coding.