@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:45:56 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:34:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> And if I'll spend few days debugging the case that comes down
> to my colleague has designed a property that does not behave
> like a field - I'll go and politely ask to stop doing this.

Do you consider a dynamic arrays' length property to be a good,
properly designed property:

array.length = 7;

It does behave like a field, but it's got pretty serious side
effects that you just need to know about. And, I don't see much
point in having properties that are not allowed to have any
side-effects.