Property discussion wrap-up

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:10:35 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 08:34:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-28 03:25, Zach the Mystic wrote:
>
>> I first saw UFCS and optional parentheses in Ruby and it
>> seemed both
>> alluring and deceptively simple.
>
> First, Ruby doesn't have UFCS. You can add a new method to any
> existing class but it's still not UFCS in the same way as D.

Yeah, simply another point of ignorance on my part. Ruby still is
remarkable for its syntax. When I looked at it and then I look at
what D does with these fancy features, I saw a similarity. Like a
double take: where are the parentheses? Where are the arguments?
I didn't know then and I don't know now what the fine-grained
implications of doing this are.