@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:27:01 PST 2013

On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 19:43:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-28 18:11, Dicebot wrote:
> What about getters and setters and gets and sets a value from a
> cache?

Would not have made them properties either. It is somewhat
similar to cache and const vs logical const issue. But you are
right, this is were personal preferences start varying a lot, I
don't realistically hope someone will give me language that
restrictive in its core for my needs :) Just expressing personal
attitude because I am in the hospital, bored and have a crazy
amount of free time to chat on newsgroup :)

That may sound weird but I do like when core language features
are very restrictive and require programmer to express his
intentions verbosely. And provide _possibility_ to do cool stuff
via advanced clearly separated advanced features. Like @safe vs
@system but for syntactic language features. Not gonna convince
anyone but at least pushing it my way makes me feel good :)