Last weekend before submissions proposals deadline

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jan 28 13:34:40 PST 2013

On 1/28/13 3:29 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 1/26/13, Andrei Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:
>> Hello
>
> I'm very curious how many proposals were sent, and who sent them. And
> will we beat the number of participants compared to the first D Conf.

Thanks for your interest. Following our appeal we've received many
submissions. I have yet to release an exact tally, but a cursory count
reveals 26 submitters, quite a few with more than one talk for a total
of over 30 submissions.

That's an embarrassment of riches, and unfortunately we'll have to turn
down a fair amount of submissions.

Understandably we can't release the names of the submitters - but all
luminaries you'd expect have risen to the challenge, along with quite a
few up-and-comers.

I don't know how strong participation will be this year, but I do know
we'll do all it takes to create a memorable event.

Thanks,

Andrei