Property discussion wrap-up

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 04:58:36 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 12:16:12 UTC, eles wrote:
>> Allowing 'a' to act as 'a()' means that the reader no longer
>> can tell that 'a' isn't a function call (or was /specifically
>> designed/ to be used like this).
>
> +1

Maybe you won't know what 'a' is, but I will, because I'll be
using an IDE that tells me what 'a' is through some visual cue
like color. And, if your best argument is "I don't like to use an
IDE", then the discussion of this issue has truly descended into
a battle between different tastes. And as they say in my country:
"You can't argue about matters of taste". I think we can vote
about issues which are purely a matter of taste, but in the end,
it should be a judgement call of the person who invented the
language.