Do we want functions to act as properties, or merely omit parens for ufcs/chaining?

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Jan 29 06:00:14 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 13:52:27 UTC, Chad Joan wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 07:13 AM, eles wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 11:36:22 UTC, FG wrote:
>>> On 2013-01-29 09:03, eles wrote:
>>>

> What I'm trying to accomplish with my thread is find a way to
> remove such corner-cases without also removing other things
> that people care about, like omittable parens on call-chains.

well, make those parens omittable (I think it is a molima:
everybody seems to have fallen in love with that optional parens)
only if the function name is followed by a dot.

This will avoid such ugly things as:

a.writeln;

except for properties (@property will enforce this syntax, even
if not followed by a dot).