IOC is inside Clang-head

Don don at nospam.com
Tue Jan 29 06:22:05 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 12:26:10 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> The quality of a language also comes from its compiler. Clang
> 3.3 will have this inside:
>
> http://embed.cs.utah.edu/ioc/
>
> To use it you have to compile with "-fsanitize=integer":
>
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#controlling-code-generation
>
> It slows down the code, but it's optional, it's meant mostly to
> debug programs, where some slowdown of the program is
> acceptable.
>
> GCC is not coping with Clang development speed.
>
> Is is possible to use ioc from LDC2? D language should enjoy
> all the nice things they keep adding to LLVM, otherwise C++
> risks becoming more modern than D.

Please stop posting on this topic! I know it is one of your hobby
horses, but frankly, it seems to be a topic you do not understand
it at all.

Did you even read that page?

"To help developers detect integer overflows, we created IOC (by
modifying Clang) to dynamically detect most of C/C++'s integer
undefined behaviors. "

The key phrase is *undefined behaviors*. Remember that C does not
require twos-complement arithmetic. D does, so it doesn't have
those problems in the first place.

It must have been a dozen times by now that you have posted the
same misinformation over and over again, with links to papers you
have apparently not read.