IOC is inside Clang-head

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue Jan 29 13:15:33 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 19:21:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> One real issue is order of evaluation bugs, but I didn't see a
> note about that in the Clang list.

Why would you need runtime checking for that?

Besides the AddressSanatizer and MemorySanatizer features which
are obviously real-world oriented (cf. Valgrind), I also find
quite a few of the ubsan features to be actually useful in
practice - integer overflow detection is only a small part of it.

There was a talk at the last LLVM conference giving an overview
of the different "sanatizer" projects:
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2012-11/

David