@property needed or not needed?

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Jan 29 13:35:16 PST 2013

On Monday, 19 November 2012 at 06:53:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 11/19/12 1:16 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Monday, November 19, 2012 07:02:03 Rob T wrote:
> I think UFCS changes the playfield quite a lot. Code using UFCS
> looks a whole lot crappier with a bunch of arbitrary extra
> parens.

As I've been saying: make parens optional only if the function is
followed by a dot. Otherwise, make parens compulsory for
functions:

function1.function2.function3(); //allowed

function1(); //allowed

function1; // forbidden

@property-ies should be forbidden to use paranthesis, no matter
the context.