Regarding Issue 9423

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 30 11:43:58 PST 2013

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 18:35:29 Namespace wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 at 17:26:13 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:51:22 Paulo Pinto wrote:
> >> I prefer the Pascal family way where they are implicit, but
> >> lets
> >> have what the majority prefers.
> >
> > We've had this discussion at length before. It should stay
> > implicit.
>
> Ehh, where is this discussion

I don't remember when it was discussed before. It's happened at least a couple
of times, and I'd have to go digging through the archives. But after those
discussions, I believe that it was pretty clear that we're not going to start
supporting ref at the call site.

> and will this change implemented in the near future?

What change? My point was that it's _not_ changing. Function parameters can be
marked with ref, but the call site doesn't use ref, and it isn't going to
start using ref.

- Jonathan M Davis