Throwable class design

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Wed Jan 30 12:03:31 PST 2013

Ok, maybe my thoughts are polluted by some C# programming
practices, but I learnt that exceptions are never intended for
the end user (one of the reasons is that the exception mesages
are in most cases displayed in english language). In Windows
world, throwing an exception displays a message with a nice two
buttons: Close and Debug. This will make the accountant using my
software very eager to click on Debug :)

My way to deal now with *unattended* exceptions is to log them
for further investigation, but I will never display a raw
exception message, considering the fact that my LOB applications
are in most cases multilanguage.