Possible @property compromise

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 06:56:23 PST 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:39:56 -0500, jerro <a at a.com> wrote:

>> Now we're just name calling ;)  I tend to think that for the most
>> successful company in the business to standardize on it is a pretty
>> good testimony to it being well designed.
>
> This is a really bad argument. The facts that language is being used by
> a large companies does not make it well designed. See PHP, for example -
> a *horrible* mess of a language, but it is being used at Facebook.

 From what I remember Andrei saying, they write their code in C++ and
compile it to php, or something like that.

Besides, facebook was a pet project by a single person that accidentally
grew into an empire.  Apple was around long before Steve Jobs brought Next
Step OS (and it's usage of Objective-C) to Apple to become MacOS.  You
can't really argue that Mac is a horrible OS, it may not suit your tastes,
but it performs well.

Nick, please ignore this thread.

-Steve