Possible @property compromise

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:30:13 PST 2013

On Friday, 1 February 2013 at 03:12:29 UTC, TommiT wrote:
> On Friday, 1 February 2013 at 02:52:42 UTC, Zach the Mystic
> wrote:
>> I need to study this principle a little more. In other words,
>> alias this is a templated parameter in this case? Which page
>> is the documentation for these templated parameters, because I
>> didn't see templates in my code.
>
> No, alias this is basically implicit cast operator that will be
> tried if everything else fails. But writeln is a function
> template, i.e. its parameters/arguments are templated.
>
> http://dlang.org/template.html

If what you say is true, then all the more reason to build opGet
into the compiler...

Was I correct in saying that the template in question was
to!string(foo.n)? Or does the problem occur in passing to
writeln() itself?