Possible @property compromise

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:32:47 PST 2013

On Friday, 1 February 2013 at 03:44:51 UTC, TommiT wrote:
> On Friday, 1 February 2013 at 03:23:09 UTC, Zach the Mystic
> wrote:
>> I think it might mean "it is used" since I don't know why it
>> would use "is" instead of the opCast. If that's true, just
>> override opCast(string), no?
>
> Yes, there's probably a way to pass to writeln by providing
> opCast(string). But we're not talking only about writeln here,
> we're talking about all function templates being a potential
> problem.

Not really sure what you mean. I have a bunch of thoughts, but my
overall knowledge of these things is too little, I'm afraid. If
you're interested, I'd like an example of how the templates will
be so much of a problem, illustrating the collision between the
two core language features in question.