D vs C++ - Where are the benchmarks?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jul 1 02:14:06 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-01 01:14, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> I think memory usage is still important.  Many people don't consider
> that their computer is running hundreds of programs at a time.  If each
> one of those "didn't care" about memory usage, the one that you are
> currently interested in would not have any breathing room.

I quite often run out of memory at work on my machine with 6GB of RAM
when coding Ruby on Rails. I don't know if there's something I do with
the code but sometimes something happens in the Ruby code making the
Rails server take over 1GB of RAM from 300MB, the same thing happens
with the web browser at the same time. Suddenly it decided to eat 2GB of
extra RAM.

--
/Jacob Carlborg