Automatic typing

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jul 1 11:51:44 PDT 2013

On 7/1/2013 10:51 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> But if you one very stupid one, I declared in the late 90s that a phone with a
> tactile screen on its whole surface was a stupid idea and that it would never work.
> I you look hard enough, I guess we all said the most stupid thing at some point.
> We got to admit it and not repeat the mistake.

None of us have to look very hard at ourselves to find such, if we're being
remotely honest.

I don't much care for the popular "gotcha" practice of digging up something
someone did or said decades ago. It presumes that we are all born wise, and
offers no hope for learning from our mistakes. Sadly, the internet and the
surveillance state are going to make life difficult for anyone trying to live
down something stupid.

Makes me glad I grew up before the internet. Makes me glad that most of the
drivel I posted to Usenet back in the 80's has been hopefully lost :-)