Feature request: Path append operators for strings

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:55:59 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 2 July 2013 at 22:28:24 UTC, TommiT wrote:

> I've never thought of it like that. [..]

Boost Filesystem overloads the meaning of / to mean "append to
path". Boost Exception overloads << to mean "add this info to
this exception". Boost Serialization overloads << and >> to mean
serialize and deserialize, and & to mean either one of those.

So no wonder I was under the impression that we're allowed to
overload the meaning of operators.