[:] as empty associative array literal, plus warning for null

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Jul 3 17:28:48 PDT 2013

On 7/3/13 10:31 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 July 2013 at 16:55:59 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>
> Has sounded convincing enough for me. Anything that enforces stronger
> typing is big win in my opinion.

typeof(null) has quite a few interesting properties. It's the closest
type to the bottom of all types (we don't have an actual bottom type),
and it subtypes many other types as mentioned.

Introducing yet another type works against that nice uniformity and is
yet another arbitrary little thing that people who learn the language
would need to know about.

Andrei