D vs C++ - Where are the benchmarks?

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:26:21 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 3 July 2013 at 07:12:54 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 05:13 AM, Mehrdad wrote:
>> That doesn't mean D is "faster". It just means it's less
>> painful to get the same
>> performance.
>
> That would be ... kind of the point.  If we didn't care about
> the pain, we'd all
> be programming using assembly.  Or butterflies:
> https://xkcd.com/378/
>
> But faster performance with less pain and more safety?  Yes
> please. :-)

Not really. For example, no matter how much C++ code you feel
like writing, it'll be _impossible_ for you to replicate the
behavior of a GC in C++.

So it's not a matter of how much pain you're willing to go
through -- it's literally a matter of language capabilities.