Rust switches to external iteration

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 4 16:57:55 PDT 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> That would be a win if input ranges are very frequent.

As I have explained in one of my recent answers in this thread in
Python "input ranges" are used all the time.

So in your analysis you should also hypothesize how frequent
input ranges are going to appear in D if you offer a handy and
compact built-in syntax to create them.

> A consideration is also the cost of adding yield to the
> language (somehow this often gets neglected in the excitement
> of adding stuff).

Of course. C#, its history and coding probably is a starting
point to assess how much complexity causes this addition.

Bye,
bearophile