Feature request: Path append operators for strings

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri Jul 5 13:34:26 PDT 2013

On 07/05/2013 10:09 PM, Namespace wrote:
>> Unary ~ is bitwise not in Java and D, and he is referring to binary
>> usage.
>
>> [...] use ~ for _any_ purpose.
> I'd expected that *any* really means *any* and do not refer to binary.

Yes. Neither do 'use', 'for' and 'purpose'. Establishing that it is
likely that ~ is referring to binary requires some more context (eg. it
is likely that the two usages of ~ in his post refer to the same thing),
common sense or the assumption that Jonathan probably knows about the
unary usage. (Parsing natural language is quite hard though, so I could
be wrong.)