Feature request: Path append operators for strings

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:13:05 PDT 2013

On Friday, 5 July 2013 at 22:49:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> How to even remotely model such a thought process in a machine
> is an
> extremely hard problem indeed!

I would posit (being a machine learning guy myself to some
extent, although not natural language) that it's only an
interesting problem up to a point. We have humans for
understanding humans! The really interesting thing is when the
computer can do something that is actually impossible for humans.

The counterargument is of course that although a human can
understand 1 human very well, they're not so good at
understanding a million humans a second, even very crudely (e.g.
google search)