Current version of D.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 5 18:30:34 PDT 2013

On Saturday, July 06, 2013 03:22:57 Caitlin wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I recently downloaded and installed version 2.063.2, but now I
> see the current version is listed as 2.063. Is this is an error?

The current release is 2.063.2, but it's the first time that we've actually
released point releases like that, so there are likely to be places saying
2.063 instead of 2.063.2.

> Also, does anyone know if a new edition of "The D Programming
> Language" is planned in the relatively near future?

No, but what's there is mostly correct. There are a few things that aren't yet
implemented quite as described in TDPL (e.g. we don't have multiple alias
this-es yet, and synchronized still is at a function-level instead of at a
class level like TDPL describes), and there are probably a couple of things
that have changed since the book was released (e.g. the book describes
strongly pure functions, but we now also have weakly pure functions), but it's
almost all correct. So, while I'm sure that there will be a new edition
eventually, there's not a lot of point in releasing another one at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis