Fun with templates

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 23:22:03 PDT 2013

On 7 July 2013 16:02, TommiT <tommitissari at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 6 July 2013 at 23:11:26 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> [..] I feel like it would be a much cleaner solution than any of
>>
>> the others presented in this thread...
>>

> I think Artur's solution is the cleanest one because it changes the
> default behaviour to a more sensible one: it is useful to keep the full
> type information only if the type isn't implicitly convertible from
> immutable to mutable and back again... otherwise keeping the full type
> information along only causes inconvenience.

Maybe so, but I just have my suspicions that it will never fly, and I think
a solution here is actually pretty important.
This is demonstrably one of the biggest issues with C++, and since
templates are so much more convenient in D, I expect time will show it to
be far worse in D than it already is in C++.