Feature request: Path append operators for strings

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jul 7 03:07:05 PDT 2013

>>> You haven't read Ray Kurzweil's latest books then or you just don't
>>> think he's
>>> right?
>>
>> Spend a little quality time with Siri. I did, and discovered it was
>> hardly any better than Eliza, which is a few lines of BASIC written in
>> the 1970's.
>
> Ow come on.

All Siri does is recognize a set of stock patterns, just like Eliza. Step out of
that, even slightly, and it reverts to a default, again, just like Eliza.

Of course, Siri had a much larger set of patterns it recognized, but with a bit
of experimentation you quickly figure out what those stock patterns are. There's
nothing resembling human understanding there.