A thread without GC

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:53:24 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 14:11:15 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> If you make a thread using the operating system functions
> directly, D would never know (I'm pretty sure) and thus it
> won't be on the gc nor the list the gc uses to pause all
> threads.

Huh. Well that was easy. Presumably that means I have to resort
to doing all my communication with OS-level functions (e.g.
pthread_****).

I wonder if one could somehow register a pre-existing thread with
std.concurrency, being careful not to introduce any reference
that lets in the garbage collector.