What the heck is wrong with CTFE's?

JS js.mdnq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 16:02:12 PDT 2013

Ultimately, the point is, that I thought CTFE's were suppose to
be compile time runnable functions. The problem is, the actual
language grammar changes. can use i++ as an argument to a
template at runtime without issue but not at compile time... and
since this seems to be the case from the examples I've posted,
this causes, at least for me, a lot of confusion. (who knows what
other differences there are) (and IMO they are flaws in the CTFE
system... although maybe there is some deep underlying reason why
it must be done that way)