Deimos Request: Add flac

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 20:06:59 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 02:07:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I don't know what permissions I'm supposed to have for deimos
> (I think that I
> get informed of pull requests periodically, so I probably have
> commit access
> in at least some cases), but I can't create repos in it. And I
> don't know if
> I'll be able to create any branches in the new repo. If I have
> commit access
> to it, then I'll gladly take care of the branches. Otherwise,
> I'll need
> someone to create branches for 1.2.1 and 1.3.0.

The entire Deimos system would be served better by a simple page
on the Wiki, not shoehorning it into a Github organization. The
current procedure is outright ridiculous. Walter has *nothing* to
do with these projects and a Wiki page is much more customizable
than a Github organization (which is not saying anything bad
about Github organizations; just that Deimos is gross misuse of
them).

I know a lot of people share this opinion but I haven't seen it
on the NG, so here it is.