Searching for D using Goolgle

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jul 9 10:33:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 07:28:48PM +0200, w0rp wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 12:44:40 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> >On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 12:42:47 UTC, Mike James wrote:
> >>Hmmm. Every time I search for something using the search string
> >>"dlang", Google asks me did I mean "golang". Are Google getting
> >>worried about the success of D?
> >>
> >>-=mike=-
> >
> >I guess that is search personalization in action ;)
>
> Yeah, that doesn't happen for me. I notice that you also use "dlang"
> in place of "d" in search results. "dlang" seems to get better
> results on average for me.

This is unfortunate though: https://github.com/dlang

It shows up as the 3rd result on my google search for "dlang".

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." --
Bertrand Russell.
"How come he didn't put 'I think' at the end of it?" -- Anonymous