[OT] Why mobile web apps are slow

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Jul 9 12:44:25 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 19:27:22 UTC, QAston wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 18:12:24 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> A bit off-topic, but well worth reading,
>>
>> http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-mobile-web-apps-are-slow/
>>
>> --
>> Paulo
>
> I think that the garbage collection part of the atricle is very
> relevant to the usage of D on mobile.
Nobody uses D on mobile, so it's not very relevant. ;)

If Intel ever makes a comeback on mobile- Samsung is putting x86
chips in their next generation of Galaxy Tab tablets, so it's
possible- it might not take much effort to port D/ldc to
Android/x86 though, so maybe it will be relevant someday.

Good article, with some good data.