Current version of D.

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Tue Jul 9 15:53:05 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 22:46:36 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:
> On 7/9/13 6:36 PM, Rob T wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 22:34:18 UTC, Rob T wrote:
>>

>>> Agreed, however we should also have a pre-release package for
>>> testing
>>> that is clearly marked as a pre-release, it can go on a
>>> separate web
>>> page to avoid any possibility of confusion.
>>>
>>> The current release is showing as both 2.63.0 and 2.63 but I
>>> thought
>>> it was supposed to be 2.63.2 everywhere. This is very
>>> confusing.
>>>
>>> --rt
>>
>> Running latest release shows this ...
>>
>> DMD64 D Compiler v2.063
>>
>> It should show the full release number.
>>
>> --rt
>
> This is what the latest release shows for me:
>
> Andrews-MacBook-Pro:vapor andrewedwards$ dmd
> DMD64 D Compiler v2.063.2
> Copyright (c) 1999-2013 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright
> Documentation: http://dlang.org/
>
> Are you actually using the latest release?

I did a full removal, and install of latest version as of today
downloaded from here: http://dlang.org/download.html

dmd_2.063-0_amd64.deb

The version on download page is showing 2.063-0, and so does the
deb file name, and also the installation process shows 2.063-0
was installed.

Running compiler shows

DMD64 D Compiler v2.063

Something has gone wrong somewhere.