[OT] Why mobile web apps are slow

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:18:23 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 July 2013 at 21:05:32 UTC, Jonathan A Dunlap
wrote:
> My 2cents: for D to be successful for the game development
> community, it has to be possible to mostly sidestep the GC or
> opt into a minimal one like ARC. Granted, this is a bit
> premature considering that OpenGL library support is still in
> alpha quality.

What do you mean OpenGL library support is still in alpha
quality? There's several high quality ports of the OpenGL headers
and they work like a charm. I've had no problems.

Using the GC is fine as long as you aren't allocating every
frame. I use GC allocation for all my big systems and anything
that isn't created or destroyed during gameplay. It's very
convenient for that kind of thing and you can just let the GC run
at the end of a level or something.