working on the dlang.org website

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Jul 14 06:49:49 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 14 July 2013 at 04:56:46 UTC, Val Markovic wrote:

Thanks for the input!

I do personally agree that official web page is one of most
lacking areas of D public image. Maybe that is because there are
no people among core developers specializing on web development
(or am I ignorant here?).

To be honest I still have no idea how this web site was created
and what is the real process behind maintaining it. Guess there
are two options - either it is made more transparent by current
maintainers or someone steps up to take the responsibility to
tidy things up (not me!).

Using DDOC itself does not seem that critical IMHO - it is just
one more markup language which anyone working with D knows at
least vaguely. But maintaining whole stuff via git repo +
makefiles is definitely cumbersome, no idea why that was chosen.